I have been widely published both as a ghostwriter/co-writer and as an author of books issued under my own name. Following is a summary of what I have written, co-written, and ghostwritten over the past thirty years.
For detailed information about these books in a PDF document, please click this link:
- The Ernst & Young Financial Planning Guide (New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1995; second edition, 1996; third edition, 1998)—written with partners of Ernst & Young.
- The Ernst & Young Executive Guide to Total Cost Management (New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1992)—written with partners of Ernst & Young; current editions include translations into French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and Polish.
- The Arthur Young International Business Guide (New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1988)—written with partners of Arthur Young International.
- Comparative and Multinational Management (New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1985)—written with Simcha Ronen, Ph.D.
- Alternative Work Schedules: Selecting, Implementing, Evaluating (Homewood, Illinois: Dow Jones Irwin, 1984)—written with Simcha Ronen, Ph.D.
- Master Your Fears: How to Triumph over Your Worries and Get on with Your Life (New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2004)—written with Linda Sapadin, Ph.D.; Korean language edition—Seoul: Keorum Publishing Company, 2004.
- Who’s the Boss?: How to Gain and Maintain Your Parental Authority When Kids Rule the Roost (New York: Perigee Books, 2002; Japanese language edition—Tokyo: Sony Magazines, 2004)—written with Aleta Koman, M.Ed.
- The Parenting Survival Kit: How to Make It through the Parenting Years with Your Family, Sanity, and Wallet Intact (New York: Perigee Books, 2000)—written with Aleta Koman, M.Ed.
- How to Mend a Broken Heart: Letting Go and Moving On (Chicago: Contemporary Books, 1997; paperback edition, 1998 five printings to date; Russian language edition—Moscow: Galim Editions, 2004)—written with Aleta Koman, M.Ed.
- Adult Sibling Rivalry: Understanding the Legacy of Childhood (New York: Crown Publishers Inc., 1992; Fawcett/Crest, 1993)—written with Jane Greer, D.S.W.
- Mind Movies (New York: The American Health Foundation, 1986)—written for the American Health Foundation.
Health and Fitness Books
- The Structure House Weight Plan: The Life-Changing Program for Lifelong Health (New York: Simon & Schuster, 2007)—written with Gerard J. Musante, Ph.D.
- Real Life, Real Love: Seven Paths to a Strong, Lasting Relationship (New York: Berkley Books, simultaneous English and Spanish-language editions, 2006)—rewritten for Fr. Albert Cutié.
Partial Content or Editorial Contributions
- The Muse upon My Shoulder: Discussions of the Creative Process, by Sylvia Taggart McTague, ed. (Madison, N.J.: Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, 2004).
- East-West Medicine, by May Loo, M.D., and Jack Maguire (New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2001).
- Handbook for the Heart, by Benjamin Shield and Richard Carlson (New York: Little, Brown, 1996).
- Starting on a Shoestring: Building a Business without a Bankroll, 3rd and 4th Editions, by Arnold S. Goldstein, Ph.D. (New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1995 and 2002); Mandarin language edition—Beijing: Citic Publishing House, 2004.
- Where the Jobs Are, by John W. Wright (New York: Avon Books, 1992).
- A Survey of Swedish Marketing in the U.S. through Agents and Distributors, by Richard J. Kossman, Olle Wijkstrom, and partners of Ernst & Young (New York: Ernst & Young, 1992).
- When Will I Stop Hurting?: Loss, Teens, and Grief (Lanham, Md.: Scarecrow Press, 2004).
- When Parents Die: A Guide for Adults (New York: Viking, 1986; Penguin Books, 1987, fifteen printings as of 1996; second edition 1997, fifteen printings as of 2013).
- The Chosen Few (South Bend, Indiana: And Books, 1982).
- Seven West (Montpelier, Vt.: Montemayor Press, forthcoming 2018).
- Last Things (Montpelier, Vt.: Montemayor Press, forthcoming 2017).
- Fever (Montpelier, Vt.: Montemayor Press, 2016).
- The Mountain Trilogy:
- The Mountain Made of Light (New York: New American Library/Roc, 1992); second edition, (Montpelier, Vt.: Montemayor Press, 2010).
- Fire and Ice (New York: New American Library/Roc, 1992); second edition, (Montpelier, Vt.: Montemayor Press, 2014).
- The Summit (New York: New American Library/Roc, 1994); second edition, (Montpelier, Vt.: Montemayor Press, 2014).
Books for Young Adults
- Far from Gringo Land (New York: Clarion Books, 2010).
- Ice (Millburn, New Jersey: Montemayor Press, 2005).
Books for Middle-grade Students
- Storyteller (New York: Clarion Books, 2008).
- Duck and Cover (Millburn, N.J.: Montemayor Press, 2004).
- Survival of the Fittest (Millburn, N.J.: Montemayor Press, 2000; three printings as of 2004).
- The Adventures of Forri the Baker (Millburn, N.J.: Montemayor Press, 1999).
- Hostage (New York: Hyperion Books for Children, 1996; paperback edition, 1997; Italian language edition Milan: Arnoldo Mondadori Editore, 1998; Spanish language edition Bogotá: Grupo Editorial Norma, 1999).
- Climb or Die (New York: Hyperion Books for Children, 1994; paperback edition, 1995; German language edition—Vienna: Carl Ueberreuter Verlag, 1997).
Books for Early Readers
- Let’s Build a Playground! (Parsipanny, N.J.: Modern Curriculum Press/Simon & Schuster, 1998).
- The Great Riddle Mystery (Parsipanny, N.J.: Modern Curriculum Press/Simon & Schuster, 1998).
- Secrets of the Rainforest (Parsipanny, N.J.: Modern Curriculum Press/Simon & Schuster, 1998).
- Forri the Baker (New York: Dial Books for Young Readers, 1995; Danish language edition Copenhagen: Forlaget Carlsen, 1996).